Visit Cooper Landing, Alaska
The picturesque village of Cooper Landing lies on the shores of the beautiful Kenai River which, along with Russian River, offers some of the best salmon fishing in the world.
Cooper Landing, Alaska
The small mountain village of Cooper Landing is located south of Anchorage, on the Kenai Peninsula, and is accessed from the Sterling Highway.
This picturesque village lies on the shores of the beautiful turquoise Kenai River which, along with Russian River, offers some of the best salmon fishing in the world.
The town, named after Joseph Cooper, a miner who worked in the area in the 1880s, is a collection of fishing and rafting cabins with a few typically Alaskan shops. Hiking and white water rafting opportunites are popular attractions in the area.
Suggested Cooper Landing itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Cooper Landing, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Cooper Landing
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Cooper Landing
- Kenai Peninsula 45 kilometers away
- Seward 49 kilometers away
- Anchorage 81 kilometers away
- Homer 137 kilometers away
- Prince William Sound 146 kilometers away
- Valdez 200 kilometers away
- Talkeetna 205 kilometers away
- Denali National Park 289 kilometers away
- Katmai National Park 335 kilometers away
- Kodiak Island 337 kilometers away
- Denali Park Entrance 352 kilometers away
- McCarthy & Kennicott 366 kilometers away
- Wrangell St. Elias National Park 398 kilometers away
- Tok 473 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Cooper Landing
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Cooper Landing. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.