Along with her sister ship, the Hebridean Sky, this is one of expedition cruising’s smallest, safest and most comfortable vessels, fitted with state-of-the-art stabilisers. The staff provide a flawless service, and the cabins offer every comfort, amounting to a wonderful journey to see the remote and wild corners of the planet. As a passenger, you’re encouraged to take part in citizen science projects along the way.
The all-suite Island Sky offers every comfort when it comes to expedition cruising. Twelve of the suites, which are all between 20–50 sq m in size, boast a private balcony, and each cabin has its own en suite bathroom with ocean views and a TV (DVD players can be requested). In the communal areas, you’ll find a lecture room and bar, the restaurant and the library. You can also loan out basic gym equipment to use in your cabin. The ship adopts an open-bridge policy and is fitted with stabilisers to counteract choppier waters.
The vessel also carries kayaks and tents on some sailings — their use for activities are at an extra cost (advance booking required). Please note the ship has different operators across the year, and amenities can differ.
Matching up to its description as ‘all-suite’, the Island Sky’s cabins are spacious and comfortable, across a wide choice of categories from the triple-berth option to the penthouse suite. You can also opt for one of the two single cabins, which are smaller. Our personal preference is the veranda suite, which comes with a private balcony for viewing the scenery as it glides by.
- Buffet breakfast and lunch served in the restaurant
- Lunch can be outside on the aft deck in good weather
- À la carte dinner in the restaurant or, weather permitting, on the aft deck (house wine included)
- Afternoon tea in the club
- 11-, 13-, 14-night Antarctic Peninsula trips
- Fly-cruise itineraries to the Antarctic Peninsula
- 19- and 20-night Falklands, South Georgia, Antarctica trips
- 14-night Antarctic Circle voyage
Our specialists suggest: Our 14-day "Antarctic Peninsula Fly and Cruise" itinerary, from €16,995pp. Read more »
Our specialists suggest: Our 24-day "Shackleton's Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands" itinerary, from €22,980pp. Read more »
Our specialists suggest: Our 15-day "Antarctic Peninsula cruise" itinerary, from €9,820pp. Read more »
- Daily landings
- Zodiac cruising
- Wildlife viewing
- On-board lectures
- Photography sessions
- Panoramic observation deck
- Live entertainment
- Open bridge
- Internet access (where possible)
- Medical clinic
- Library and DVD library
- Lounge with audio-visual facilities
- Voyage photographer
- Dedicated passenger service manager
- Complimentary boot hire