She might be one of the old ladies of expedition cruising, but the Ocean Adventurer remains among the best and most comfortable vessels in the fleet. The fact she’s perfectly suited to this style of cruising has been enhanced by a full refit in 2017, including two new Rolls-Royce engines that make her incredibly efficient and reduce her carbon footprint.
An elegant vessel that has sat at the forefront of expedition cruising for years, the Ocean Adventurer (formerly the Clipper Adventurer) enjoys an enviable reputation. Life on board is very comfortable, with plenty of diversions including a fine-dining restaurant, gym, library and massage therapist. In 2017, she underwent a full refit to refurbish the cabins and communal areas as well as fit two new Rolls-Royce engines, which have improved efficiency and cut her carbon footprint as a result.
The cabins all have exterior views and en suite facilities, with a wide range of choice. With generous communal space and outside seating for calm days, this ship offers a very relaxed experience alongside a full schedule of activities.
Cabins range from a four-person shared option to large suites and the huge Owner’s Suite. They all have external views and an en suite, and most have twin beds. The lower-level cabins are primarily designed as places to rest your head, but the higher-end cabins offer plenty of space with large windows to watch passing scenery. We particularly like the superior cabins, which are well placed in the middle of the ship and allow you a good amount of space without the price tag of a suite.
- 11-, 13- and 14-night Fair Isle, Faroe Islands and Spitsbergen (10-night sailing).
- 8- and 12-night trips to Spitsbergen.
- 12-night expedition to Iceland, Greenland and Spitsbergen.
- 14-night Greenland Explorer expedition.
- 9-night cruise of Disko Bay.
- 16-night Northwest Passage expedition.
- Antarctic fly cruise, 6-night peninsula expedition.
- 14-night Antarctic Circle voyage.
- 11-, 13-, 14-night Antarctic Peninsula trips.
- 19- and 20-night Falklands, South Georgia, Antarctica trips.
- Daily landings
- Zodiac cruising
- Wildlife viewing
- On-board lectures
- Photography trips
- Observation deck
- Open bridge
- Internet access (where possible)
- Medical clinic
- Lounge with audio-visual facilities
- Gym and massage therapist
- Complimentary expedition jacket and boot hire