Visit Baird Bay, Australia
Perched on the dramatic coastline of the Eyre Peninsula near the vast and remote Nullarbor Plain this tiny sleepy seaside village is set amongst a landscape of wildflowers, coastal scrub, rolling hills and treeless plains overlooking the Great Australian Bight.
Baird Bay casts a spell over all who visit and experience the laid back beachcomber lifestyle and the beautiful surroundings.
Exploring Baird Bay
Spend a lazy day fishing for whiting with the company of the inquisitive and enterprising local pelican population and stroll along the beach, spotting Wallabies on the sand and discovering the astonishing birdlife, over 200 species have been recorded in Baird Bay which is a testament to the areas exceptional marine environment.
Taking a trip out to Jones Island to swim with the resident colony of extremely friendly and mischievous Australian sea lions is a magical experience and a highlight of any visit to Baird Bay.
Map of Baird Bay
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Baird Bay
- The Gawler Ranges National Park 124 kilometers away
- Eyre Peninsula 165 kilometers away
- South Australia 363 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Island 399 kilometers away
- Andamooka 400 kilometers away
- Clare Valley 404 kilometers away
- Flinders Ranges 435 kilometers away
- Adelaide 439 kilometers away
- Barossa Valley 450 kilometers away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 459 kilometers away
- Coober Pedy 461 kilometers away