Spectacular gorges, abundant wildlife and Aboriginal art - the Flinders Ranges shelter some of the world’s oldest landscapes and capture the essence of Australia.
The flat, barren plains and undulating ranges include the Mount Remarkable National Park and stretch from Crystal Brook just north of the Clare Valley far into the Outback, an area renowned for wildflowers, wildlife and walking trails.
Exploring the Flinders Ranges
The trail at Brachina Gorge uncovers millions of years of evolution, where the changing terrain unveils a tangible geological history, while the Wilpena Pound, encased by quartzite hills, is a natural amphitheatre created by nature at its most ambitious.
The Flinders Ranges are best seen by 4WD tour or on foot in the company of a guide: this is Australia at its pristine best.
Suggested itineraries featuring Flinders Ranges
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Flinders Ranges, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Flinders Ranges
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Flinders Ranges
- Andamooka 178 kilometers away
- Clare Valley 263 kilometers away
- South Australia 300 kilometers away
- The Gawler Ranges National Park 313 kilometers away
- Barossa Valley 347 kilometers away
- Murray River 367 kilometers away
- Adelaide 380 kilometers away
- Eyre Peninsula 391 kilometers away
- Baird Bay 435 kilometers away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 437 kilometers away
- Coober Pedy 460 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Flinders Ranges
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Flinders Ranges. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.