The Murray River is Australia’s Mississippi, with paddle-steamers passing riverside towns such as swan reach, its clifftop views, and mannun, relics of pioneer.
The first river crossing was made at Murray Bridge, which is where many cruises start. Aboriginal legends surround this treasured water supply, which attracts a wealth of wildlife including yellow-billed spoonbills, fat-tailed dunnarts and possums.
Walking trails line the banks and disappear deep in to the bush. An array of cruising options - from cruises to rental houseboats - enable you to meander along the river amongst the red gums which line its banks.
Map of Murray River
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Murray River
- Barossa Valley 151 kilometers away
- Clare Valley 183 kilometers away
- Adelaide 187 kilometers away
- Coorong National Park 202 kilometers away
- Fleurieu Peninsula 219 kilometers away
- Robe 319 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Island 335 kilometers away
- The Grampians National Park 362 kilometers away
- Flinders Ranges 367 kilometers away
- Eyre Peninsula 443 kilometers away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 466 kilometers away
- Port Fairy 473 kilometers away