Visit Freycinet National Park, Australia
Located on the east coast, at the southern tip of the Freycinet Peninsula, this national park is the highlight of Tasmania for many people.
Dominated by the granite peaks of the Hazards Mountain range, the park is forested wilderness, accessible only by walking tracks or boat. Paths criss-cross the peninsula; from the 40 minute climb to view iconic Wineglass Bay, day long hiking circuits, or even multiple-day hiking expeditions, there are options to suit all tastes.
Secluded little coves shelter white sand beaches that can be explored by sea-kayak, walked to on well-maintained tracks or simply enjoyed from afar.
Suggested itineraries featuring Freycinet National Park
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Freycinet National Park, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Freycinet National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Freycinet National Park
- Swansea 23 kilometers away
- Maria Island National Park 50 kilometers away
- Richmond 94 kilometers away
- Port Arthur 112 kilometers away
- Hobart 112 kilometers away
- Launceston 130 kilometers away
- Tasmania 133 kilometers away
- Huon Valley 140 kilometers away
- Mount Field National Park 152 kilometers away
- Deloraine 158 kilometers away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 204 kilometers away
- Strahan & Gordon River 248 kilometers away
- Stanley 299 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 400 kilometers away
- The Gippsland Lakes 469 kilometers away
- Metung 481 kilometers away
Photos of Freycinet National Park
Accommodation choices for Freycinet National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Freycinet National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Overlooking Great Oyster Bay from its discreet hillside location, Saffire, is a wonderful retreat and coastal sanctuary to relax and unwind.
Set above the lovely Great Oyster Bay and just a short walk away from the delightful Wineglass Bay, the Freycinet Lodge offers numerous activities, from 4WD trips to cycle hire and guided walks in the lush Freycinet National Park.