Visit Mount Field National Park, Australia
As you wind your way along the Derwent River, you pass vineyards offering cellar door tastings and the historic Salmon Ponds and fly-fishing museum near New Norfolk.
Beyond this gateway, one of Tasmania’s most visited regions is lovely Mount Field National Park.
Highlights of Mount Field National Park
Highlights include walking through man-ferns and wet eucalypt forest to the multi-tiered Russell Falls and visiting the secluded Styx Valley, where the world’s tallest hardwood trees grow in the ‘Valley of Giants’.
In this region you also have a higher chance of seeing platypus than anywhere in Australia and can see most of the state’s native species in wildlife sanctuaries.
Map of Mount Field National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mount Field National Park
- Huon Valley 58 kilometers away
- Tasmania 61 kilometers away
- Hobart 67 kilometers away
- Richmond 71 kilometers away
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park 116 kilometers away
- Strahan & Gordon River 118 kilometers away
- Port Arthur 118 kilometers away
- Maria Island National Park 124 kilometers away
- Deloraine 125 kilometers away
- Swansea 136 kilometers away
- Launceston 143 kilometers away
- Freycinet National Park 152 kilometers away
- Stanley 235 kilometers away
- Wilsons Promontory National Park 413 kilometers away
- Phillip Island 478 kilometers away