Visit Abu Concession, Botswana
In the southwest of the Okavango Delta, the Abu Concession encompasses deep blue channels and lagoons, verdant green floodplains and sandy islands with ilala and wild date palms.
Wildlife of the Abu Concession
The waters are covered in lilies and water lettuce whilst tiny reedfrogs cling to papyrus. Zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, and red lechwe splash through the water and elephants gather at waterholes and cross the channels to the palm islands.
The rich floodplains are home to large herds of red lechwe which are hunted by several prides of lion and leopards are often seen. It's one of the best places in Africa to search for the sitatunga and on the palm islands it's common to see elephant, baboon, tsessebe and bushbuck. Fruitbats erupt squeaking into the sky at dusk and as the night falls tiny bushbabies leap from tree to tree.
The birdlife is spectacular. Wattled cranes step through the lush grasses, saddle billed storks hunt for frogs and slaty egrets, black egrets and rufous bellied heron's are easily seen. Then, there's the long crested eagle, Dickinson's kestrel and the red billed wood-hoopoe. From pink throated longclaws to Pel's fishing owl the list is endless.
Map of Abu Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Abu Concession
- Xigera Concession 12 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 18 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 19 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 22 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 30 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 30 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 43 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 45 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 46 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 67 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 68 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 71 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 80 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 85 kilometers away
- Maun 87 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 95 kilometers away
- Sepupa 106 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 108 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 117 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 118 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 125 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 164 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 170 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 196 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 214 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 228 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 237 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 282 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Abu Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Abu Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.