Visit Vumbura Concession, Botswana
The Vumbura Concession stretches for 30,000 hectares in the far northern reaches of the Okavango Delta. There are three little camps, all of which are excellent. With a mixture of water and dry land, the camps offer game drives, night drives, walks, boat and mokoro trips.
Vumbura Concession, Botswana
The Vumbura Concession stretches for 30,000 hectares in the far northern reaches of the Okavango Delta.
There are sweeping floodplains, islands of strangler figs and forests of tall mangosteen. Deep channels are carpeted with day and night lilies and flanked by rustling reeds and wispy papyrus.
Wildlife of Vumbura Concession
On the open plains you will find zebra, tsessebe, impala, giraffe, wildebeest and large herds of buffalo. The Kaparota Lagoon is spectacular at sunset, when herd after herd of elephant come to drink, moving their feet to create waves that keep crocodiles at bay. Lion are plentiful, whilst the shady forests are particularly good for leopard.
The channels and glassy pools are magical. The water is crystal clear, with tiny silver fish darting and jumping in the sun. Little bee-eaters perch in fluffy groups on the papyrus, pied kingfishers flit above the waters and black crakes dart into the reeds. As the mist rises from the water at dawn, you may glimpse the rare spot-necked otter.
The Vumbura Concession is a community-run concession: camp staff come from local villages. There are three little camps, all of which are excellent. With a mixture of water and dry land, the camps offer game drives, night drives, walks, boat and mokoro trips.
Suggested itineraries featuring Vumbura Concession
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Vumbura Concession, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Vumbura Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Vumbura Concession
- Chief's Island 31 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 31 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 32 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 38 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 42 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 43 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 44 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 57 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 57 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 59 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 66 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 67 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 68 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 75 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 76 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 78 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 79 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 80 kilometers away
- Sepupa 98 kilometers away
- Maun 110 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 116 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 125 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 130 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 164 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 209 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 244 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 261 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 324 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Vumbura Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Vumbura Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.