Visit Canmore, Canada
Located just a few kilometres from Banff, Canmore is a charming quiet town.
As it is just outside the national park limits it has not yet succumbed to souvenir shops and the busy pace of life which comes with tourism.
It has some lovely restaurants and bed and breakfasts and can be a better alternative base to explore the national park, especially during the peak summer months.
Suggested itineraries featuring Canmore
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Canmore, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Canmore
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Canmore
- Banff 19 kilometers away
- The Kootenays 51 kilometers away
- Lake Louise 69 kilometers away
- Yoho National Park 83 kilometers away
- Field 87 kilometers away
- Calgary 91 kilometers away
- The Purcell Mountains 120 kilometers away
- Claresholm 173 kilometers away
- Fernie 177 kilometers away
- Head Smashed-in Buffalo Jump 196 kilometers away
- Waterton Lakes National Park 248 kilometers away
- Jasper 274 kilometers away
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 275 kilometers away
- Edmonton 301 kilometers away
- The Cariboo 332 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 345 kilometers away
- Writing-on-Stone Provinical Park 348 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 369 kilometers away
Photos of Canmore
Accommodation choices for Canmore
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Canmore. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The spacious suites at Stoneridge Mountain Resort are equipped with all the comforts of home, have a full kitchen, fireplace and private deck or balcony. They offer easy access to the town and Banff National Park.
Ambleside Lodge is a lovely bed & breakfast property offering rustic charm in the midst of a spectacular mountain landscape.