Visit Edmonton, Canada
Set on the northern shores of the Saskatchewan River, Edmonton is the capital of Alberta.
Its abundant quartzite was used by First Nations peoples to fashion tools and weapons and it was later at the heart of Canada’s richest fur producing lands, but today its wealth is built on 'black gold': oil.
Things to see and do in Edmonton
Fuelled by this underground asset Edmonton has boomed into a super-modern, climate-defying phenomenon. It is home to the world’s largest shopping centre, West Edmonton Mall, which numbers the world’s largest amusement park amongst its attractions.
The remarkable Muttart Conservatory uses distinctive glass pyramids to reproduce a variety of diverse ecosystems for visitors to experience, while in the late Victorian suburb of Old Strathcona they can stroll through the summer Farmers’ Market.
Suggested itineraries featuring Edmonton
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Edmonton, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Edmonton
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Edmonton
- Alberta 257 kilometers away
- Calgary 279 kilometers away
- Lake Louise 297 kilometers away
- Banff 298 kilometers away
- Canmore 301 kilometers away
- Field 313 kilometers away
- Jasper 314 kilometers away
- Yoho National Park 317 kilometers away
- The Kootenays 335 kilometers away
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 339 kilometers away
- Claresholm 392 kilometers away
- The Purcell Mountains 420 kilometers away
- Head Smashed-in Buffalo Jump 427 kilometers away
- Fernie 462 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 470 kilometers away
- Kyle 479 kilometers away
Photos of Edmonton
Accommodation choices for Edmonton
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Edmonton. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Standing high on the bank overlooking the North Saskatchewan river valley, the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald offers well appointed rooms and great views.