Visit Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
Waterton Lakes National Park is a rare gem tucked into the south-western corner of Alberta.
In this breathtaking part of the world the majestic Rocky Mountains rise suddenly out of the rolling prairies, an ancient landscape where ice-age glaciers have carved out valleys now filled by crystal-clear lakes.
Fauna and flora
To the south, the park borders Glacier National Park in Montana and together they make up the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, the first of its kind in the world. What makes Waterton Park unique is its blend of unusual geology, a mild climate, rare wild flowers, and an abundance of wildlife.
Suggested Waterton Lakes National Park itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Waterton Lakes National Park, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Waterton Lakes National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Waterton Lakes National Park
- Head Smashed-in Buffalo Jump 77 kilometers away
- Fernie 96 kilometers away
- Claresholm 112 kilometers away
- Writing-on-Stone Provinical Park 171 kilometers away
- The Purcell Mountains 202 kilometers away
- Calgary 224 kilometers away
- Canmore 248 kilometers away
- The Kootenays 261 kilometers away
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 261 kilometers away
- Banff 264 kilometers away
- Lake Louise 309 kilometers away
- Yoho National Park 312 kilometers away
- Field 318 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 414 kilometers away
- Kyle 469 kilometers away