Visit Prince George, Canada
Prince George is a working town lying at the heart of British Columbia's forestry and pulp and paper industries. The surrounding countryside offers a diverse range of outdoor activities.
Prince George, Canada
Prince George is a working town lying at the heart of British Columbia's forestry and pulp and paper industries.
The town grew rapidly with the arrival of the Grand Trunk Railway in 1914 and this is still the mid-way stopping off point for passengers travelling between Prince Rupert and Jasper on Via Rail's Skeena train.
There are free tours that operate to the larger pulp and timber mills (advance booking is recommended) and here you can see thousands of seedlings being grown in climate-controlled conditions and logs, planks and sawdust stacks the size of small hills.
In addition, the surrounding countryside offers a diverse range of outdoor activities.
Suggested Prince George itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Prince George, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Prince George
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Prince George
- British Columbia 152 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 236 kilometers away
- The Cariboo 312 kilometers away
- Bella Coola 321 kilometers away
- Jasper 331 kilometers away
- Princess Royal Island 415 kilometers away
- Whistler 424 kilometers away
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound 460 kilometers away
- Northern Vancouver Island 465 kilometers away
- Campbell River 466 kilometers away
- Port Hardy 480 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Prince George
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Prince George. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.