Visit the Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound, Canada
The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound, Canada
Studded with rugged headlands, sandy beaches and quiet lagoons, British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast.
It is reached by a delightful drive from Horseshoe Bay in North Vancouver to the little village of Lund, crossing two rivers by ferry and with plenty of opportunities to explore en route. The Vancouver ferry arrives at Saltery Bay, where the Provincial Park protects a forested area first exploited by trappers.
The pristine waters of Desolation Sound, just ten kilometres north of Lund, are surrounded by steep evergreen mountains that teem with wildlife. Through the summer months these waters are easily warm enough for swimming and snorkelling.
The scenery is less severe – but just as dramatic – as many of the other sheer-sided waterways along the central coast, framed by the snow-capped peaks of the Coast Mountains that soar to heights of 2,400 metres above the tideline.
Accommodation choices for the Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of the Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound
- Campbell River 36 kilometers away
- Vancouver Island 69 kilometers away
- Northern Vancouver Island 79 kilometers away
- Tofino 125 kilometers away
- Whistler 130 kilometers away
- Vancouver 142 kilometers away
- Salt Spring Island 162 kilometers away
- Victoria 201 kilometers away
- Port Hardy 211 kilometers away
- Bella Coola 303 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 374 kilometers away
- The Cariboo 381 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 415 kilometers away
- Princess Royal Island 435 kilometers away
- Prince George 460 kilometers away