Visit Campbell River, Canada
Nestled on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, and long known as the Salmon Capital of the World, Campbell River is a natural destination, in more ways than one.
A stroll along Discovery Pier will often afford a sighting of a salmon, eagle or whale. The views across Discovery Passage to Quadra Island and the distant Coast Mountains on the mainland are spectacular. The town's namesake, a designated British Columbia heritage river, offers wonderful hiking trails amidst forests kept green by the mild Pacific coast climate.
Campbell River is the gateway to Strathcona Park, the Discovery Islands, and the remote north and west regions of Vancouver Island. Many activities are available in these wilderness regions.
Wildlife trips offer a wealth of highlights, including tidal ocean rapids, stellar sealion colonies, white-sided dolphins, porpoises, orcas, bald eagles and bears. Meanwhile the massive shoals of huge Chinook salmon attract large numbers of anglers; an activity that every visitor should try whilst here.
Suggested itineraries featuring Campbell River
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Campbell River, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Campbell River
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Campbell River
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound 36 kilometers away
- Northern Vancouver Island 45 kilometers away
- Vancouver Island 51 kilometers away
- Tofino 109 kilometers away
- Whistler 164 kilometers away
- Vancouver 175 kilometers away
- Port Hardy 178 kilometers away
- Salt Spring Island 188 kilometers away
- Victoria 225 kilometers away
- Bella Coola 284 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 409 kilometers away
- The Cariboo 409 kilometers away
- Princess Royal Island 410 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 439 kilometers away
- Prince George 466 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Campbell River
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Campbell River. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.