Visit Deer Lake, Canada
Deer Lake, Canada
Situated at the northern end of Deer Lake, the town is a major transport hub for western Newfoundland as the Trans Canada Highway passes through and it has an airport which serves Newfoundland and other parts of eastern Canada.
It is a convenient stopping place for people travelling north to the Northern Peninsula and L'Anse aux Meadows and also for people wanting to be close to the outstanding beauty of Gros Morne National park.
The town is surrounded by lakes, rivers, forests and mountains and offers plenty of activities all year round.
Suggested itineraries featuring Deer Lake
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Deer Lake, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Deer Lake
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Deer Lake
- Gros Morne National Park 58 kilometers away
- The Great Northern Peninsula 171 kilometers away
- Twillingate 200 kilometers away
- Terra Nova National Park 264 kilometers away
- Red Bay 294 kilometers away
- Trinity Bay 318 kilometers away
- Ingonish 359 kilometers away
- Îles de la Madeleine 389 kilometers away
- St. John's 392 kilometers away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 398 kilometers away
- Anticosti Island 406 kilometers away
- Louisbourg 410 kilometers away