Visit Annapolis Royal, Canada
Annapolis Royal, Canada
Annapolis Royal, named after Queen Anne, is an historic town of splendid Victorian mansions nestled between the Annapolis and Allain rivers.
Originally inhabited by a strong Mi’kmaq community, in 1605 the area was settled by some of the first Europeans: it was controlled by France until peninsula Nova Scotia was handed over to the British by the treaty of Utrecht in 1713.
Today there are substantial remains of 18th century Fort Anne with lovely river views. Other sights include the Bay of Fundy, just ten kilometres away, the Historic Gardens, Port Royal National Historic Site and the apple orchards of the fertile Annapolis Valley.
Suggested itineraries featuring Annapolis Royal
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Annapolis Royal, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Annapolis Royal
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Annapolis Royal
- The Bay of Fundy 50 kilometers away
- Saint John 74 kilometers away
- Lunenburg 104 kilometers away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 126 kilometers away
- Riverside-Albert 129 kilometers away
- Halifax 154 kilometers away
- New Brunswick 228 kilometers away
- West Point 228 kilometers away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 237 kilometers away
- Pictou 244 kilometers away
- Nova Scotia 244 kilometers away
- Prince Edward Island 248 kilometers away
- Charlottetown 250 kilometers away
- Cavendish 256 kilometers away
- Liscomb Mills 272 kilometers away
- Spry Point 297 kilometers away
- Charlos Cove 334 kilometers away
- Caraquet 340 kilometers away
- Îles de la Madeleine 403 kilometers away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 413 kilometers away
- Ingonish 450 kilometers away
- Louisbourg 453 kilometers away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 462 kilometers away
- La Malbaie 483 kilometers away
Photos of Annapolis Royal
Accommodation choices for Annapolis Royal
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Annapolis Royal. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This Victorian-era heritage property is located on George Street, one of the oldest streets in Canada. The historic inn showcases antique furniture with Victorian-style wallpaper and rugs while still offering modern amenities. With a great location, beautiful elm tree-studded grounds and memorable 3-course breakfast, this is one of our top choices in the area.