Visit Pictou, Canada
Historic Pictou makes for an interesting visit when travelling through the maritime regions of Canada. Known as the birthplace of New Scotland, Pictou was where the first Scottish immigrants landed in 1773.
Today, there is a wonderful maritime museum and historical site where a replica of the Hector ship can be visited at the picturesque harbour front area.
The beaches nearby are well known for their warm water currents, and in summer, are ideal for a quick dip.
Suggested itineraries featuring Pictou
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Pictou, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Pictou
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pictou
- Nova Scotia 48 kilometers away
- Spry Point 69 kilometers away
- Charlottetown 70 kilometers away
- Liscomb Mills 89 kilometers away
- Prince Edward Island 90 kilometers away
- Cavendish 105 kilometers away
- Charlos Cove 118 kilometers away
- Halifax 134 kilometers away
- Riverside-Albert 158 kilometers away
- West Point 167 kilometers away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 169 kilometers away
- Lunenburg 193 kilometers away
- Îles de la Madeleine 198 kilometers away
- Ingonish 208 kilometers away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 214 kilometers away
- Louisbourg 214 kilometers away
- Annapolis Royal 244 kilometers away
- Saint John 266 kilometers away
- The Bay of Fundy 273 kilometers away
- Caraquet 289 kilometers away
- New Brunswick 290 kilometers away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 346 kilometers away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 376 kilometers away
- Anticosti Island 425 kilometers away
Photos of Pictou
Accommodation choices for Pictou
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pictou. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Pictou Lodge Resort is just minutes from both Pictou and the PEI ferry, and features authentic log cottages set beside expansive private beaches.
Evening Sail B&B is a lovely, historic property situated within colourful gardens, consisting of just six rooms and suites.