Visit Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Set on Lake Ontario and the Niagara River, historic Niagara-on-the-Lake is a small but captivating town of historic buildings, festooned with flowers.
The town was once the capital of the colony of Upper Canada, and the reconstructed Fort George National Historic Site, was the British military headquarters.
Shaw Festival Theatre
Many come to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the well-regarded Shaw Festival Theatre, and the area is known for its wineries, many of which offer tours and tastings. Excursions include thrilling jet-boat rides on the Niagara River or gentle bike rides along scenic trails that follow the river.
Suggested itineraries featuring Niagara-on-the-Lake
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Niagara-on-the-Lake
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Niagara Falls 19 kilometers away
- Toronto 51 kilometers away
- Prince Edward County 171 kilometers away
- Port Severn 180 kilometers away
- Gravenhurst 186 kilometers away
- Haliburton 205 kilometers away
- Goderich and Lake Huron 220 kilometers away
- Huntsville 231 kilometers away
- Algonquin Provincial Park 287 kilometers away
- Bruce Peninsula & Fathom Five National Marine Park 294 kilometers away
- Tobermory 304 kilometers away
- Pelee Island 337 kilometers away
- Ottawa 362 kilometers away
- Killarney Provincial Park 367 kilometers away
- Manitoulin Island 378 kilometers away
- Laurentian Mountains 481 kilometers away
- Mont Tremblant 481 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Niagara-on-the-Lake
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Niagara-on-the-Lake. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.