Visit Pelee Island, Canada
Pelee Island, Canada
Pelee Island is Canada’s most southerly inhabited point and shares the 42nd parallel with cities such as Barcelona.
This small flat island, approximately six by thirteen kilometres in size, lies at the western end of Lake Erie and is reached by ferry from either Leamington or Kingsville.
The mild climate is ideal for vineyards, and the Pelee Island Winery is a well-known attraction.
Activities on Pelee Island
The pace of life here is slower so there is plenty of time to enjoy the beaches, cycle around the island, enjoy really fantastic bird watching or visit the winery for a tour and tasting.
Map of Pelee Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pelee Island
- Goderich and Lake Huron 232 kilometers away
- Niagara Falls 329 kilometers away
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 337 kilometers away
- Toronto 340 kilometers away
- Bruce Peninsula & Fathom Five National Marine Park 393 kilometers away
- Tobermory 395 kilometers away
- Port Severn 412 kilometers away
- Gravenhurst 437 kilometers away
- Manitoulin Island 446 kilometers away
- Huntsville 482 kilometers away