Visit Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean, Canada
From the eastern edge of Québec City, the Charlevoix region stretches two hundred kilometres along the north shore of the St. Lawrence River to Tadoussac at the mouth of the Saguenay Fjord.
At its heart is a vast meteorite crater, 50 kilometres across and draped in boreal forest, now listed as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Blue whale spotting trips
Gentle valleys and tall cliffs protect impossibly pretty villages where arts and crafts thrive in a beautiful setting, along with a range of wonderful restaurants, while whale watching trips head out from Tadoussac between June and October, with the rare opportunity of sighting the mighty blue whale.
The Saguenay Fjord is one of the world’s longest inlets and stretches for over 100 kilometres inland towards Lac St. Jean, hemmed in, for much of its length, by cliffs 400 metres high. The lower half of the fjord is a marine reserve and the summer home to a colony of 1,000 beluga whales.
Lac St. Jean is a large lake in a sleepy region of dairy farms, charming villages and sandy beaches. To the south towards Québec the Laurentides Wildlife Reserve is a maze of mountains and valleys, riven by countless lakes and rivers.
Suggested Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Accommodation choices for Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean
- La Malbaie 13 kilometers away
- Québec City 134 kilometers away
- Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve 260 kilometers away
- Eastern Townships 312 kilometers away
- Québec 321 kilometers away
- New Brunswick 325 kilometers away
- Montréal 363 kilometers away
- Laurentian Mountains 382 kilometers away
- Mont Tremblant 382 kilometers away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 384 kilometers away
- Caraquet 389 kilometers away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 408 kilometers away
- Saint John 419 kilometers away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 437 kilometers away
- The Bay of Fundy 442 kilometers away
- West Point 456 kilometers away
- Riverside-Albert 471 kilometers away