Visit the Gaspé Peninsula, Canada
The Gaspé Peninsula, Canada
The Gaspé Peninsula stretches northeast of Québec into the Gulf of St. Lawrence and is made up of some of the province’s wildest and most attractive scenery.
Popularly known as the Gaspésie, it is geologically the northernmost tip of the grand Appalachian Mountains, which come to a dramatic end at the Rocher Percé, otherwise known as Percé Rock.
Dense pine forests cover a varied terrain that reaches up to the 1,300 metre peaks of the Chic-Chocs mountains: excellent for walking.
On the eastern tip of the peninsula Bonaventure Island is home to North America’s largest gannet colony and the southern coast is dotted with 18th century fishing villages, beautiful gardens and fruit farms.
A good road circles the peninsula and allows easy access to all the highlights.
Suggested Gaspé Peninsula itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in the Gaspé Peninsula, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of the Gaspé Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Gaspé Peninsula
- Caraquet 124 kilometers away
- Anticosti Island 131 kilometers away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 226 kilometers away
- West Point 246 kilometers away
- Îles de la Madeleine 251 kilometers away
- New Brunswick 264 kilometers away
- Cavendish 274 kilometers away
- Prince Edward Island 289 kilometers away
- Charlottetown 307 kilometers away
- Spry Point 328 kilometers away
- Riverside-Albert 344 kilometers away
- Pictou 376 kilometers away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 386 kilometers away
- Ingonish 391 kilometers away
- Saint John 414 kilometers away
- Nova Scotia 423 kilometers away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 437 kilometers away
- La Malbaie 441 kilometers away
- The Bay of Fundy 445 kilometers away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 462 kilometers away
- Annapolis Royal 462 kilometers away
- Liscomb Mills 462 kilometers away
- Charlos Cove 465 kilometers away
- Louisbourg 470 kilometers away
- Halifax 471 kilometers away
Photos of the Gaspé Peninsula
Accommodation choices for the Gaspé Peninsula
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Gaspé Peninsula. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
A comfortable, modern hotel overlooking Chaleur Bay, the Manoir Belle Plage is a convenient choice for exploring the Gaspé Peninsula. It has a wide choice of rooms, a surprisingly good restaurant, and friendly, helpful staff.
Surrounded on all sides by Québec’s Chic-Choc Mountains, the historic Gîte du Mont-Albert presents a unique opportunity to stay in the heart of Gaspésie National Park.
The Riotel Percé enjoys an enviable shoreline position in the small, seaside town of Percé. Many of its rooms boast views of the town’s star attraction, the Rocher Percé.