Visit Punta Islita, Costa Rica
Hotel Punta Islita opened in 1994 in an area where cattle ranching and wood extraction was the basis of the local economy. Prior to this, the area's tropical dry forest had been stripped due to the unsustainable practices that were being undertaken. Since the opening of Punta Islita, the environmental degradation has been reversed.
The hotel sponsors complimentary education, professional training, scholarships, student loans and English programmes. Investment in the local communities (9 in total with a population of approximately 1,300 people) has led to a growth of local enterprises ranging from seafood processing plants to furniture workshops and cafes. This has created a positive cycle that spurs further positive economical benefits. Active recycling programmes operate very successfully within the grounds of the hotel and employees are educated on this policy, which works very effectively.
Map of Punta Islita
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Punta Islita
- Northern Pacific Coast 44 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 69 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 78 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 88 kilometers away
- Tenorio Volcano 101 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano & the Cloudforest Reserves 102 kilometers away
- Esterillos 105 kilometers away
- San Ramon 106 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 107 kilometers away
- Rincon de la Vieja 109 kilometers away
- Central Pacific Coast 125 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 127 kilometers away
- Cano Negro 133 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 145 kilometers away
- Manuel Antonio 148 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 167 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 179 kilometers away
- Dominical 183 kilometers away
- Turrialba 189 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 219 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 227 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 291 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 302 kilometers away
Photos of Punta Islita
Accommodation choices for Punta Islita
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Punta Islita. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Punta Islita is a wonderful, peaceful place to stay and the perfect end to a trip to Costa Rica. Apart from the location, service and quality of the hotel we love it for its model approach to responsible tourism.