Visit Guardalavaca, Cuba
Located on a striking stretch of coastline indented with picturesque horseshoe bays and glorious beaches, Guardalavaca and its surrounding area, in the east of Cuba, are popular alternatives to Varadero.
The beaches and resorts here are easily accessible by road from Holguin and Santiago de Cuba.
There are a number of all-inclusive resorts offering a full range of facilities, set on three kilometres of beautiful beach.
Despite ever-increasing visitor numbers and a lack of character hotels, Guardalavaca is still something of a tropical idyll, much quieter than Varadero and with excellent and pristine reefs offshore - it’s a better option for scuba diving and snorkelling.
Further west Playa Esmeralda provides a far more peaceful and picturesque location with better quality, newer resorts.
Map of Guardalavaca
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Guardalavaca
- Playa Esmeralda Guardalavaca
- Santiago de Cuba 123 kilometers away
- Baracoa 163 kilometers away
- Camaguey 219 kilometers away
- Cayo Santa Maria 368 kilometers away
- Northern Cayes 378 kilometers away
- Cayo Ensenachos 378 kilometers away
- Cayo Las Brujas 384 kilometers away
- Sancti Spiritus 385 kilometers away
- Trinidad 437 kilometers away
- Santa Clara 451 kilometers away