Visit Sancti Spiritus, Cuba
Sancti Spiritus, Cuba
The peaceful capital of Sancti Spiritus province was, like Trinidad, founded by Diego Velazquez in 1514.
It became the military, political and economic centre of the area in the colonial period which has led to the city being embellished with elegant 17th and 18th century mansions.
It is located deep in the heart of fertile agricultural countryside and its compact and attractive colonial centre is similar to Trinidad's but receives far fewer visitors.
Map of Sancti Spiritus
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Sancti Spiritus
- Trinidad 58 kilometers away
- Santa Clara 77 kilometers away
- Cayo Las Brujas 77 kilometers away
- Cayo Ensenachos 88 kilometers away
- Northern Cayes 90 kilometers away
- Cayo Santa Maria 95 kilometers away
- Cienfuegos 107 kilometers away
- Camaguey 170 kilometers away
- Varadero 229 kilometers away
- Havana 329 kilometers away
- Las Terrazas 375 kilometers away
- Playa Esmeralda 381 kilometers away
- Guardalavaca 385 kilometers away
- Santiago de Cuba 433 kilometers away
- Cayo Levisa 434 kilometers away
- Western Cuba 442 kilometers away
- Viñales 446 kilometers away
Photos of Sancti Spiritus
Accommodation choices for Sancti Spiritus
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Sancti Spiritus. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Hotel del Rijo is a simple but comfortable restored colonial mansion located in the heart of Sancti Spiritus.