Visit Las Terrazas, Cuba
Las Terrazas is a small rural community set in the heart of a 25,000 hectare UNESCO biosphere reserve in the Sierra del Rosario.
The area was badly affected by deforestation so an extensive regeneration project was started in 1968 and terraces were laid out for re-planting, giving Las Terrazas its name.
Today the inhabitants work within the reserve, often involved in eco-tourism and benefit from some of the best living standards in the country.
This region is now covered in thick tropical vegetation, deciduous pine and tall royal palms with their distinctive white trunks providing a lovely contrast against the rolling blanket of green.
The cooler climate and lovely scenery make Las Terrazas a popular place for walking and it is also excellent for bird watching.
Suggested Las Terrazas itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Las Terrazas, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Accommodation choices for Las Terrazas
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Las Terrazas. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Las Terrazas
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Las Terrazas, and which use the best local guides.
Map of Las Terrazas
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Las Terrazas
- Cayo Levisa 61 kilometers away
- Havana 68 kilometers away
- Viñales 83 kilometers away
- Western Cuba 92 kilometers away
- Varadero 181 kilometers away
- Maria la Gorda 197 kilometers away
- Cabo de San Antonio 229 kilometers away
- Cienfuegos 268 kilometers away
- Santa Clara 310 kilometers away
- Trinidad 326 kilometers away
- Sancti Spiritus 375 kilometers away
- Cayo Las Brujas 386 kilometers away
- Cayo Ensenachos 396 kilometers away
- Northern Cayes 397 kilometers away
- Cayo Santa Maria 407 kilometers away