Visit Maria la Gorda, Cuba
Maria la Gorda is located on Cuba's south-western coast on the sweeping Bahia de Corrientes and owes its names to a plump Venezuelan girl who was abducted by pirates and abandoned here in colonial times.
The area is pristine and undeveloped with miles of deserted powder white beaches, warm clear waters and beautiful coral reefs. The vast majority of visitors are attracted to Maria la Gorda because of its excellent scuba diving but if you are not a keen diver then there is little to keep you occupied.
Snorkeling is also a good option here because of the abundant marine life.
The accommodation and food is simple and merely functional but the diving is very accessible, varied and impressive and the location is remote and extremely beautiful.
Map of Maria la Gorda
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Maria la Gorda
- Cabo de San Antonio 46 kilometers away
- Western Cuba 107 kilometers away
- Viñales 121 kilometers away
- Cayo Levisa 156 kilometers away
- Las Terrazas 197 kilometers away
- Havana 264 kilometers away
- Varadero 370 kilometers away
- Cienfuegos 420 kilometers away
- Trinidad 467 kilometers away
- Santa Clara 472 kilometers away