Visit Kovalam, India
The tiny beaches of Kovalam are a popular destination, yet still maintain an air of calm.
Relax on the warm palm-fringed sands, rejuvenate your senses with some ayurvedic treatments, or wander along the headland. Standing at the old lighthouse you can watch the sky and waters burn as the sun sets over the Arabian Sea.
In the evening you may like to attend a kathakali performance, Kerala's traditional form of drama.
Map of Kovalam
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kovalam
- Thekkady & Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary 125 kilometers away
- The Backwaters 141 kilometers away
- Mararikulam 153 kilometers away
- Kerala 180 kilometers away
- Munnar 188 kilometers away
- Kothamangalam 189 kilometers away
- Cochin 189 kilometers away
- Madurai 211 kilometers away
- Palakkad 266 kilometers away
- Chettinad 271 kilometers away
- Trichy 328 kilometers away
- Ooty 336 kilometers away
- Tanjore 357 kilometers away
- Waynad 371 kilometers away
- Tellicherry 406 kilometers away
- Nagarhole National Park 416 kilometers away
- Tranquebar 431 kilometers away
- Mysore 436 kilometers away
- Coorg 468 kilometers away
- Neeleshwar 476 kilometers away
Photos of Kovalam
Accommodation choices for Kovalam
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kovalam. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Based on the traditional style of regional architecture, the atmospheric Travancore Heritage is set in eight acres of landscaped coconut palm gardens on a high cliff above the beach.
This hotel is the best in the region, particularly for those seeking very traditional Keralan accommodation and a quiet beach.
Situated to the north of Kovalam beach the Taj Green Cove Resort is a combination of beach resort, backwater escape, hill retreat, and spa.
The Leela is set in the middle of three palm fringed coves in the renowned Kovalam Beach area