Visit Mararikulam, India
The small fishing village of Mararikulam is only 14 kilometres from Alleppey and just over an hour south of Cochin and is the perfect place to relax on the beach at the end of a tour of Kerala or after a journey aboard a traditional house boat.
Accommodation is limited but the comfortable villas scattered throughout the coconut palms at Marai Beach are the best option with wonderful sunset views across the Indian Ocean.
Suggested itineraries featuring Mararikulam
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Mararikulam, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Mararikulam
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mararikulam
- The Backwaters 12 kilometers away
- Cochin 39 kilometers away
- Kerala 60 kilometers away
- Kothamangalam 64 kilometers away
- Munnar 100 kilometers away
- Thekkady & Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary 102 kilometers away
- Palakkad 136 kilometers away
- Kovalam 153 kilometers away
- Madurai 203 kilometers away
- Ooty 206 kilometers away
- Waynad 231 kilometers away
- Tellicherry 255 kilometers away
- Nagarhole National Park 273 kilometers away
- Chettinad 277 kilometers away
- Trichy 296 kilometers away
- Mysore 304 kilometers away
- Coorg 321 kilometers away
- Neeleshwar 324 kilometers away
- Tanjore 339 kilometers away
- Bangalore 402 kilometers away
- Belur & Halebid 403 kilometers away
- Tranquebar 421 kilometers away
- Pondicherry 466 kilometers away
Photos of Mararikulam
Accommodation choices for Mararikulam
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mararikulam. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
A great place to relax for a few days at the end of an exploration of Kerala, the Marari Beach Resort is set right on the beach amongst tropical palm gardens.
Just a short stroll away from Marari’s expanse of beach, Xandari Pearl is a contemporary hotel set in beautifully landscaped grounds.
A Beach Symphony is located on Kerala’s most beautiful and serene beach, Marari, 90 minutes from Cochin and 15 minutes from Alleppey.
Marari Villas offers a very personalised service including a private chef in each villa about 300m away from a small, quiet section of the beach.