Visit Udaipur, India
Still ruled by a much-respected Maharaja whose magnificent City Palace forms the heart of the city, Udaipur is one of the most impressive cities in Rajasthan.
Set at the southern end of the Aravalli Hills, Udaipur overlooks Lake Pichola with the world-famous Lake Palace appearing to float on the water. Over 400 years, successive Maharaja’s have created an architectural gem in the City Palace, with the original structure overlaid with countless courtyards, balconies and halls.
The city has plenty to offer and is a great place to practice haggling, with crafts, textiles and miniature paintings particularly good buys in Udaipur’s stalls and shops.
The relaxed nature of its residents and lakeside location make Udaipur a wonderful city for recharging your batteries.
Suggested itineraries featuring Udaipur
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Udaipur, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Accommodation choices for Udaipur
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Udaipur. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Udaipur
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Udaipur, and which use the best local guides.
Map of Udaipur
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Udaipur
- Devigarh 37 kilometers away
- Kumbalgarh 66 kilometers away
- Dungapur 81 kilometers away
- Narlai 85 kilometers away
- Mount Abu 99 kilometers away
- Chittorgarh 102 kilometers away
- Deogarh 109 kilometers away
- Chanoud 122 kilometers away
- Rohet 164 kilometers away
- Shahpura 171 kilometers away
- Chhatra Sagar 175 kilometers away
- Nimaj 179 kilometers away
- Barli 185 kilometers away
- Bhainsrogarh 193 kilometers away
- Jodhpur 204 kilometers away
- Ahmedabad 206 kilometers away
- Bundi 219 kilometers away
- Pushkar 232 kilometers away
- Nagaur 293 kilometers away
- Little Rann of Kutch National Park 315 kilometers away
- Pokaran 317 kilometers away
- Ranthambhore National Park 324 kilometers away
- Maheshwar 330 kilometers away
- Jaipur 335 kilometers away
- Samode 362 kilometers away
- Ramathra 362 kilometers away
- Jaisalmer 382 kilometers away
- Bikaner 386 kilometers away
- Bharatpur and Keoladeo Ghana National Park 481 kilometers away