Visit Little Petra & Aaron's Tomb, Jordan
Not far from Petra is Little Petra, perhaps best seen before the main site as an atmospheric introduction to Nabatean tomb architecture.
A suburb of the ancient city, it comes complete with its own mini-Siq, tombs, temples and various examples of domestic architecture, including water channels and some faint frescoes.
When Burckhardt tricked his way into Petra, he did so by asking to make a pilgrimage to Aaron’s Tomb.
This remote shrine sits atop the highest peak in the region beyond the far side of the city, overlooking Wadi Araba, and the white dome can be seen from miles around.
For the more adventurous, full-day treks can be organised up to the tomb and back, a chance to enjoy the amazing scenery and get away from the crowds.
Map of Little Petra & Aaron's Tomb
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Little Petra & Aaron's Tomb
- Petra 6 kilometers away
- Dana Biosphere Reserve 38 kilometers away
- Kerak 93 kilometers away
- Wadi Rum 94 kilometers away
- Aqaba 107 kilometers away
- The Dead Sea 143 kilometers away
- Madaba 153 kilometers away
- Mount Nebo 158 kilometers away
- Amman 182 kilometers away
- Jerash & The Decapolis 217 kilometers away