Visit Skoura, Morocco
Skoura lies astride the route from Ouarzazate to the Sahara and is a town typical of those in the Dades Valley.
The modern town offers little to detain the visitor, but the palm plantations are criss-crossed by paths that run by crumbling pisé walls up to kasbahs in equally ruinous condition.
The whole effect is quite beautiful and if you are going to break your journey anywhere in the Dades Valley, Skoura is as good a place as any.
Suggested itineraries featuring Skoura
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Skoura, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Skoura
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Skoura
- The Southern Oases Valleys 24 kilometers away
- Ouarzazate 39 kilometers away
- Oued Mellah 57 kilometers away
- The Dades Valley 64 kilometers away
- Zagora 107 kilometers away
- Ourika Valley 109 kilometers away
- The Atlas Mountains 131 kilometers away
- Marrakesh 150 kilometers away
- Taroudant 232 kilometers away
- The Draa Valley 235 kilometers away
- The Erg Chebbi 247 kilometers away
- Casablanca 298 kilometers away
- Essaouira 310 kilometers away
- The Souss-Massa National Park 312 kilometers away
- Meknes & Voloubilis 328 kilometers away
- Rabat 330 kilometers away
- The Anti Atlas 352 kilometers away
- Fez 365 kilometers away
- Chefchaouen 472 kilometers away
Photos of Skoura
Accommodation choices for Skoura
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Skoura. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This is an attractive hotel, located in the Palmeraie on the outskirts of Skoura. Traditionally built from mud and thatch to reflect the numerous kasbahs of the area, there are sitting areas on the roof to relax with a mint tea and enjoy the views out to the distant mountains.
The tasteful Moroccan decor, ambient lighting and delicious food make the Kasbah Ait Ben Moro a place not to miss. Its roof terraces also offer fabulous views of the palm groves and the distant Atlas Mountains.
The Dar Ahlam is an amazingly opulent hotel in the heart of the Palmeraie. With a fantastic pool and great service it's a real treat.