Visit Golden Rock, Burma (Myanmar)
Golden Rock, Burma (Myanmar)
The Golden Rock at Kyaiktiyo is one of the most sacred, must-see sights in Myanmar. The huge gold-leafed boulder balances precariously above you on the edge of a cliff. Topped with its glittering stupa, it's said to house a single Buddha hair that maintains its equilibrium. The rock has mysteriously remained in this fragile position despite the area suffering from major earthquakes in the past.
Suggested itineraries featuring Golden Rock
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Golden Rock, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Golden Rock
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Golden Rock
- Hpa-An 88 kilometers away
- Yangon 109 kilometers away
- Mawlamyine (Moulmein) 120 kilometers away
- Loikaw 258 kilometers away
- Ngwe Saung 282 kilometers away
- Ngapali Beach 308 kilometers away
- Inle Lake 353 kilometers away
- Kalaw 366 kilometers away
- Nyaung Shwe 367 kilometers away
- Pindaya 399 kilometers away
- Mount Popa 436 kilometers away
- Bagan 478 kilometers away
Photos of Golden Rock
Accommodation choices for Golden Rock
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Golden Rock. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This hotel is the better located of the two options on the mountain. Accommodation is basic but more than adequate for a one or two night stay.