Visit Monywa, Burma (Myanmar)
Monywa, Burma (Myanmar)
Monywa sits on the banks of the Chindwin and is mainly a trading point for local produce heading south towards Mandalay. Highlights of the town include Bodhi-taung Pagoda ('One Thousand Bo Trees'), a 91 metre long reclining Buddha, Kyauka Shweguni Pagoda and a lacquerware village. Pho Win Daung, an impressive network of sandstone caves containing, it's claimed, over 400,000 Buddha images is only a short drive from the town and well worth a visit.
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Monywa, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Monywa
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Monywa
- Mandalay 98 kilometers away
- Bagan 110 kilometers away
- Mount Popa 134 kilometers away
- Mindat 146 kilometers away
- Kanpetlet 153 kilometers away
- Pindaya 206 kilometers away
- Kalaw 223 kilometers away
- Hsipaw 230 kilometers away
- Nyaung Shwe 247 kilometers away
- Inle Lake 255 kilometers away
- Mrauk U 264 kilometers away
- Lashio 284 kilometers away
- Bhamo 322 kilometers away
- Loikaw 348 kilometers away
- Ngapali Beach 418 kilometers away
- Kyaingtong 473 kilometers away
Photos of Monywa
Accommodation choices for Monywa
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Monywa. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This is a quiet and peaceful spot and the property has reasonable facilities, including a tennis court and a swimming pool.