Visit Southern Namibia, Namibia
Southern Namibia is wild, beautiful and so quiet that the only sound is the wind.
The dunes at Sossuslvei
It has expanses of desert, endless yellow plains, low vegetated dunes and impressive mountain ranges. Climbing a dune at Sossuslvei to watch the sunrise it’s easy to see why Namibia is a photographer’s dream.
Fish River Canyon
The deep south of Namibia is an area that is often ignored by travellers but with attractions such as the Fish River Canyon, the wild horses at Aus and deserted diamond mines at Luderitz, it is certainly worth a visit.
Places to visit in Southern Namibia
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting Southern Namibia, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travellers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itineraries featuring Southern Namibia
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Southern Namibia, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Southern Namibia
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Southern Namibia
- Aus Southern Namibia
- Fish River Canyon Southern Namibia
- Lüderitz Southern Namibia
- The NamibRand Nature Reserve Southern Namibia
- The Naukluft Mountains Southern Namibia
- Sossusvlei & Sesriem Southern Namibia
- Southern Kalahari Southern Namibia
- Walvis Bay 226 kilometers away
- Swakopmund and Pelican Point 253 kilometers away
- Windhoek 298 kilometers away
- The Central Highlands 324 kilometers away
- Erongo Mountains 348 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Southern Namibia
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Southern Namibia. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.