Visit Tashinga, Nepal
Tashinga is a tiny collection of stone houses, most of which are now uninhabited.
It is just off the main trail to Everest, and is a very peaceful place.
Suggested itineraries featuring Tashinga
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Tashinga, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Tashinga
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tashinga
- Namche Bazaar less than 5 kilometers away
- Mende 6 kilometers away
- Pangboche 7 kilometers away
- Monjo 7 kilometers away
- Lukla 16 kilometers away
- Everest Base Camp 23 kilometers away
- The Everest region 26 kilometers away
- Dhulikhel 119 kilometers away
- Nagarkot 121 kilometers away
- Bhaktapur 131 kilometers away
- Kathmandu Valley 135 kilometers away
- Kathmandu 141 kilometers away
- Terai 191 kilometers away
- Kurintar 209 kilometers away
- Chitwan National Park 226 kilometers away
- Bandipur 229 kilometers away
- Seti River 235 kilometers away
- Pokhara 274 kilometers away
- Annapurna 283 kilometers away
- Tanchock 284 kilometers away
- Birethanti 286 kilometers away
- Dhampus 287 kilometers away
- Ghandruk 294 kilometers away
- Lumbini 345 kilometers away
Photos of Tashinga
Accommodation choices for Tashinga
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tashinga. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Everest Summit Lodge at Tashinga (3,450m) has 20 rooms which are quite small but are clean and neat with attached bathrooms with hot and cold running water, showers and western toilets. As in all the lodges, the staff are attentive and friendly and the food is delicious.
Ideas for experiencing Tashinga
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Tashinga, and which use the best local guides.
The views of Everest and the surrounding peaks from here are spectacular on a clear day and you can see the route continuing on towards base camp.