Visit Bardia National Park, Nepal
Established in the 1980s, Bardia lies in the Western Terai, a region of lowlands between the Himalayas and their foothills further south. The park is relatively hard to reach, especially compared to Chitwan, but the flight and road transfers are worth the effort.
Tigers and other wildlife sightings
The park is characterised by dense Sal forest, riverine forest and areas of open grasslands which ensure that Bardia remains a top location for tiger sightings in Nepal.
The range of wildlife is extensive, with deer and antelope species, including nilgai, wild elephants, rhinoceros and leopard.
Map of Bardia National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bardia National Park
- Lumbini 194 kilometers away
- Ghandruk 221 kilometers away
- Dhampus 227 kilometers away
- Birethanti 228 kilometers away
- Tanchock 230 kilometers away
- Annapurna 237 kilometers away
- Pokhara 239 kilometers away
- Seti River 280 kilometers away
- Bandipur 285 kilometers away
- Chitwan National Park 304 kilometers away
- Kurintar 306 kilometers away
- Terai 363 kilometers away
- Kathmandu 377 kilometers away
- Kathmandu Valley 384 kilometers away
- Bhaktapur 388 kilometers away
- Nagarkot 396 kilometers away
- Dhulikhel 402 kilometers away
Photos of Bardia National Park
Accommodation choices for Bardia National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Bardia National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
One of the more exclusive properties in the area that is managed by Tiger Mountain. The lodge has only 12 double rooms with attached baths, all built using local materials and incorporating local styles. All activities are included in the price of staying here.
Ideas for experiencing Bardia National Park
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Bardia National Park, and which use the best local guides.
Take the chance to experience an excursion in the Bardia National Park. Elephant, jeep and foot safaris are all popular, in search of elusive tiger and one horned rhinos.