Visit 90 Mile Beach & Cape Reinga, New Zealand
Known to the Maori as the ‘tail of the fish’, New Zealand thins at its extreme northern tip to a narrow stretch of land only a few kilometres wide, flanked by two pristine coastlines fretted with untouched beaches.
World famous Ninety Mile Beach is a truly impressive stretch of pristine sand, constantly washed by the crashing surf of the Tasman Sea. Looking out from the tip of Cape Reinga you can see the Tasman Sea converge with the mighty Pacific Ocean.
The golden sands of the Northland dunes
There are a host of trips which take you to the tip of New Zealand’s Northland, and many incorporate some time at the spectacular golden sands of the Te Paki dunes.
Keen walkers can enjoy some of the beautiful trails through the reserve, and the more daring can take to a body board and surf down the steeper slopes at high speed. The Te Paki reserve is also home to a wide array of birdlife, and there are sheltered sandy bays which are ideal for swimming and fishing.
Map of 90 Mile Beach & Cape Reinga
Places & hotels on the map
Places near 90 Mile Beach & Cape Reinga
- Matauri Bay 92 kilometers away
- Kerikeri 104 kilometers away
- The Kauri Coast 117 kilometers away
- Paihia 118 kilometers away
- Bay of Islands 119 kilometers away
- Russell 120 kilometers away
- Warkworth 239 kilometers away
- Great Barrier Island 274 kilometers away
- Devonport 283 kilometers away
- Auckland 284 kilometers away
- Waiheke Island 294 kilometers away
- Waikato 333 kilometers away
- Coromandel Peninsula 349 kilometers away
- Thames & Kauaeranga Valley 353 kilometers away
- Tauranga 435 kilometers away
- Waitomo 435 kilometers away
- Bay of Plenty 454 kilometers away
- Rotorua 477 kilometers away