Visit Eastland & Gisborne, New Zealand
Stretching out into the Pacific Ocean, the littlevisited and unspoilt Eastland harbours some of New Zealand’s most dramatic scenery. Gisborne, the country’s most easterly city, is renowned for its long hours of sunshine and fertile plains.
Eastland & Gisborne, New Zealand
Stretching out into the Pacific Ocean, the littlevisited and unspoilt Eastland harbours some of New Zealand’s most dramatic scenery.
As the Pacific Coast Highway hugs the shore all the way from Opotiki to Te Araroa, it passes through tunnels of ancient pohutukawa forest, tiny settlements rich in Maori culture, and spectacular, deserted bays.
Gisborne, the country’s most easterly city, is renowned for its long hours of sunshine and fertile plains, producing many subtropical fruits and some of the country’s best chardonnays.
The inland route back to Opotiki climbs steadily up to Matawai, then plunges into the magnificent Waioeka River Gorge which runs back down to the Pacific Ocean.
Suggested itineraries featuring Eastland & Gisborne
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Eastland & Gisborne, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Eastland & Gisborne
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Eastland & Gisborne
- Napier 134 kilometers away
- Hawke's Bay 137 kilometers away
- Hastings 150 kilometers away
- Rotorua 167 kilometers away
- Lake Taupo 171 kilometers away
- Bay of Plenty 175 kilometers away
- Tauranga 196 kilometers away
- Tongariro National Park 225 kilometers away
- Waitomo 260 kilometers away
- Thames & Kauaeranga Valley 277 kilometers away
- Coromandel Peninsula 278 kilometers away
- Whanganui National Park 294 kilometers away
- Waikato 323 kilometers away
- Waiheke Island 336 kilometers away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 346 kilometers away
- Greytown 348 kilometers away
- Wairarapa & surrounds 350 kilometers away
- Devonport 351 kilometers away
- Auckland 352 kilometers away
- The Kapiti Coast 359 kilometers away
- Great Barrier Island 359 kilometers away
- Martinborough 360 kilometers away
- Warkworth 390 kilometers away
- Wellington 403 kilometers away
- Marlborough Sounds 436 kilometers away
- Picton 452 kilometers away
- Blenheim 471 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Eastland & Gisborne
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Eastland & Gisborne. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.