Visit Glenorchy, New Zealand
Glenorchy is dramatically situated at the head of Lake Wakatipu and is completely encircled by the towering peaks of the Southern Alps. You get the impression this remote township is still coming to terms with the recently surfaced road that now links it with Queenstown and the outside world.
Glenorchy serves as the base for the world-famous jet-boat trip ‘Dart River Safari’, which heads deep in to Mount Aspiring National Park, a World Heritage Area, and also has its own small airline offering scenic flights up the dramatic valleys in to Fiordland.
Suggested itineraries featuring Glenorchy
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Glenorchy, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Glenorchy
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Glenorchy
- Queenstown 30 kilometers away
- Arrowtown 38 kilometers away
- Milford Sound 42 kilometers away
- Lake Wanaka 62 kilometers away
- Te Anau & Manapouri 82 kilometers away
- Haast & Lake Moeraki 120 kilometers away
- Doubtful Sound 123 kilometers away
- Twizel 152 kilometers away
- Mount Cook National Park 185 kilometers away
- Lake Tekapo 192 kilometers away
- The Catlins 200 kilometers away
- Dunedin 202 kilometers away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 203 kilometers away
- The Otago Peninsula 212 kilometers away
- Stewart & Ulva Islands 238 kilometers away
- Hokitika 316 kilometers away
- Arthur's Pass National Park 332 kilometers away
- Christchurch 370 kilometers away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 383 kilometers away
- Punakaiki 388 kilometers away
- Hanmer Springs 442 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Glenorchy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Glenorchy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.