Visit Pearl Islands, Panama
Pearl Islands, Panama
Named by Balboa in 1513 after the buccaneers that used to hide here, The Pearl Islands consist of over 90 islands and 130 tiny islets.
They offer pristine virgin forests, white sand beaches and beautiful clear water making this region a fabulous place to fish, sail and snorkel. Wildlife thrives here - howler monkeys, agouti, macaws and toucans are widely seen. Over the years, pearls that have been recovered from these waters have been worn by kings and queens of Europe.
Despite access to the islands being relatively easy - by flight or boat from Panama City - very few people live on the islands which makes a trip here feel all the more special.
Map of Pearl Islands
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pearl Islands
- Panama City 94 kilometers away
- The Canal Zone 107 kilometers away
- Cocle Province 118 kilometers away
- El Valle 119 kilometers away
- Coral Lodge 147 kilometers away
- San Blas Islands 147 kilometers away
- Darien 182 kilometers away
- Pacific Coast Beaches 304 kilometers away
- Cala Mia 347 kilometers away
- Tranquilo Bay 352 kilometers away
- Bocas del Toro 366 kilometers away
- Chiriqui Highlands 370 kilometers away
Photos of Pearl Islands
Accommodation choices for Pearl Islands
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pearl Islands. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Hacienda del Mar is the only property on the island so it really does feel like an island paradise and is nestled in virgin tropical rainforest providing an abundance of wildlife spotting opportunities.