Visit Greater Makalali Game Reserve, South Africa
Greater Makalali Game Reserve, South Africa
The Greater Makalali Conservancy is located west of the Kruger Park, and is a self-contained reserve of 24,500 hectares - a very decent size.
Game here is good, with lion, elephant, leopard and rhino all present on the reserve, as well as good numbers of general game and the rare Sable antelope.
Access is good, being about 75 minutes from both Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa airports.
Map of Greater Makalali Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Greater Makalali Game Reserve
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 43 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 50 kilometers away
- Thornybush Reserve 55 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 60 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 86 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 101 kilometers away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 105 kilometers away
- Hazyview 108 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 160 kilometers away
- Eswatini 284 kilometers away
- The Waterberg 340 kilometers away
- Johannesburg & Pretoria 349 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 383 kilometers away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 394 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 428 kilometers away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 435 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 458 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 458 kilometers away
- The Madikwe Game Reserve 462 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 464 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 471 kilometers away
Photos of Greater Makalali Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Greater Makalali Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Greater Makalali Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Garonga is the most relaxing and romantic lodge we feature. Within moments of arriving all your worries will have left you, and the unhurried pace of life in the camp will be hard to leave come the end of your stay.