The Unique Hotel Eden is located steps from exclusive shopping boutiques in a quiet, pedestrian-only area of St. Moritz. It offers a comfortable, laid-back atmosphere for guests, and pine accents throughout the hotel give it that authentic Alpine feel.
Built in 1869 in the heart of St. Moritz, the Steffani offers a chance to stay in a quintessential Alpine retreat. The hotel, which has been run by the same family for four generations, features lots of pine, wooden flooring, log fires and red cushions. Out front you’ll find the Steffani rabbit statue. Originally designed to be the 1928 Winter Olympics’ mascot, the hotel adopted the rabbit as its own after the athletes stayed at the Steffani during the games.
The hotel is home to three restaurants, including Le Lapin Bleu, the oldest in town. It offers variety with Stüva Grill and a Cantonese menu at Le Mandarin, while Le Lapin Bleu serves more traditional fare.
There is a range of 60 rooms, as well as a spa, pool, three bars and a nightclub, all within the hotel walls.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Switzerland specialists
- 1 800 852 269
- Make an enquiry
The 60 rooms and suites are all furnished with local materials for a genuine Alpine experience. The large windows let in plenty of natural light, and the pale pine furniture, wooden flooring and warm tones give the rooms an inviting feeling.
The options range from double and triple rooms to a variety of suites, including the Steffani Master Suite. The higher-end rooms have small balconies with mountain views, while the smaller rooms face the quiet garden.
Due to the historic nature of the building, air conditioning cannot be installed, however the temperatures in St. Moritz rarely make it necessary.
The Steffani is located in the heart of St. Moritz, just a stone’s throw from other restaurants and exclusive boutiques. It’s also moments from the funicular stations if you’re looking to access the mountain peaks for hiking.
Food and drink
- Le Lapin Bleu is one of St. Moritz’s best restaurants and serves a Swiss international menu. It’s popular with both locals stopping by for a coffee and visitors seeking an excellent meal.
- Le Mandarin is a Cantonese restaurant featuring a resident chef from Hong Kong who creates authentic dishes served in sharing platters.
- The Stüva Grill serves grilled specialities with traditional Swiss live music. This restaurant is only open during Switzerland’s winter months.
- The Cresta Bar and Stübli Bar are area staples where locals and visitors can mingle and share stories from their day.
- The Cava Bar and Vivai Dance Club are located in the hotel’s wine cellar, and are only open during the Swiss winter season.
- Family rooms are available at the Steffani, or extra beds can be provided in the larger rooms.
- There is one interconnecting suite.
- The hotel has a children’s playroom and a children’s menu available.
Facilities and activities
- Spa with pool, sauna and steam room
- Massages and other treatments available
- Relaxation area in the spa
One suite has been adapted for a wheelchair.
We love how well-rounded this hotel is — located in the heart of St. Moritz, the Steffani offers a comfortable place to stay, friendly service and one of the town’s finest restaurants.
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favourite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Experiences while staying here
The following activities are designed to give you the most authentic experiences of the area where you’re staying. We work with local guides, who use their knowledge and often a resident’s eye to show you the main sights and more out-of-the-way attractions. Our specialists can also suggest outdoor pursuits and activities, such as cooking classes, that will introduce you to the traditions of the area’s inhabitants.
The Glacier Express panoramic train meanders through the pine-covered valleys and barren mountain passes of the Swiss Alps between St. Moritz and Zermatt, and you can see it all while enjoying exceptional service on this day-long railway journey.