Visit Ras Kutani, Tanzania
A few hours south of Dar es Salaam, the Ras Kutani Point juts out into the Indian Ocean.
There are miles of deserted beaches, with snow-white sand, duck-egg-blue sea and a small lagoon where you will find kingfishers, darters and hear blue monkeys chattering in the trees.
In the coastal forest behind the beach there are two small lodges and lots of pretty villages. It’s a peaceful spot and we recommend it for a three or four night stay.
Map of Ras Kutani
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ras Kutani
- Dar es Salaam 28 kilometers away
- Bagamoyo 86 kilometers away
- Saadani 138 kilometers away
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 171 kilometers away
- Pangani 179 kilometers away
- Songo Songo Archipelago 179 kilometers away
- Mikumi National Park 255 kilometers away
- Selous Game Reserve 276 kilometers away
- Southern Tanzania 357 kilometers away
Photos of Ras Kutani
Accommodation choices for Ras Kutani
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ras Kutani. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ras Kutani is very peaceful and very relaxing. The staff are extremely friendly, the food excellent and atmosphere welcoming. It is ideal for a three or four night stay either before or after any safari.