Visit Ksar Ghilane, Tunisia
Ksar Ghilane, Tunisia
Despite being a remote oasis, Ksar Ghilane is also the most visited outpost in the far south of the country.
It is located at the starting point of the Sahara desert in Tunisia and home to the Grand Erg Oriental sand dune, which has the most stunning views and has provided the backdrop to many Hollywood films.
Once at Ksar Ghilane there is actually not a huge amount to do, but you will appreciate the opportunity to relax and take in the unique atmosphere of the desert. However, for the more active there is the chance to try camel trekking or quad biking over the spectacular dunes.
Map of Ksar Ghilane
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ksar Ghilane
- Jerba 146 kilometers away
- Tozeur 175 kilometers away
- Tamerza 221 kilometers away
- El Jem 276 kilometers away
- Kairouan 303 kilometers away
- Thuburbo Majus 382 kilometers away
- Dougga 385 kilometers away
- Bulla Regia 406 kilometers away
- Tunis 429 kilometers away
- Carthage 436 kilometers away
- Sidi Bou Said 438 kilometers away
- Tabarka 450 kilometers away
Photos of Ksar Ghilane
Accommodation choices for Ksar Ghilane
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ksar Ghilane. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set amongst the first sand waves of the desert, Pansea emerges like a mirage with 60 tented, en suite bedrooms set around a tiny private oasis that feeds a free-form swimming pool.