Visit Tabarka, Tunisia
The port town of Tabarka is situated on the northern coastline of Tunisia, a mere 22km from Algeria.
It is a charming, low key town with wonderful views over the Mediterranean and a small working harbour, where you can enjoy a trip out on a pleasure boat or simply watch the fishing vessels coming in.
With relatively little in the way of classic sightseeing, the notable areas to visit are the Genoese Fort located on Tabarka Island and Les Aiguilles (known as The Needles), which are striking groupings of spiky pinnacles of rock.
Tabarka was the first town in Tunisia to offer scuba diving due to its black coral, and dive boats still depart regularly from the harbour.
Map of Tabarka
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tabarka
- Bulla Regia 45 kilometers away
- Dougga 72 kilometers away
- Thuburbo Majus 120 kilometers away
- Tunis 128 kilometers away
- Carthage 140 kilometers away
- Sidi Bou Said 142 kilometers away
- Kairouan 186 kilometers away
- El Jem 255 kilometers away
- Tamerza 296 kilometers away
- Tozeur 342 kilometers away
- Jerba 401 kilometers away
- Ksar Ghilane 450 kilometers away
Photos of Tabarka
Accommodation choices for Tabarka
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tabarka. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Dar Ismail is located just outside the coastal town of Tabarka and has a good range of facilities, including a large pool and direct access to the beach.