Visit Tamerza, Tunisia
The south of the country is eventually dominated by the Sahara desert, but there exist fertile settlements on the southwest Saharan fringes rich in natural springs.
Tamerza is one of the largest settlements in the southwest, and is famed for its old town. Eerily calm, the place is an abandoned remnant from the floods of 1969, when 22 days of continual rain rendered the house uninhabitable.
The town is also well known for its two waterfalls, one of which is about five metres in height. Chebika is perhaps the most striking of the oasis towns, also abandoned in the wake of 1969.
Nearby Mides has a spectacular canyon three kilometres long that serves as another example of Tunisia's natural beauty.
Map of Tamerza
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tamerza
- Tozeur 55 kilometers away
- Ksar Ghilane 221 kilometers away
- Kairouan 243 kilometers away
- Bulla Regia 252 kilometers away
- Dougga 255 kilometers away
- El Jem 272 kilometers away
- Jerba 278 kilometers away
- Thuburbo Majus 287 kilometers away
- Tabarka 296 kilometers away
- Tunis 337 kilometers away
- Carthage 350 kilometers away
- Sidi Bou Said 352 kilometers away
Photos of Tamerza
Accommodation choices for Tamerza
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tamerza. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Tamerza Palace is located in the southwest of Tunisia. It features a spa, superb views, a pool, comfortable rooms and is an ideal place to stay when exploring this region.