Palm Springs is a true oasis in the California desert, with its many golf courses and condominiums lying amidst lush farmland.
In the heart of the city lies the shop-lined Palm Canyon Drive, the Palm Springs Desert Museum, which focuses on Native American art, and the Tramway Gas Station, home to the city's visitor centre.
The city's architecture and upmarket resort atmosphere makes a great contrast with the surrounding desert scenery. For an overview of the area the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway winds 8000 feet up the mountains, passing five climatic zones on the way, and offers stunning views from the top.
Many miles of walking trails also surround the town. The one-mile nature walk through picturesque Long Valley makes an easy start, or try the lovely walks through Indian Canyon, Palm Canyon and Andreas Canyon. Some areas of the desert are set aside for 4x4 adventures, another great way to explore.
Alternatively you can take things easy and pamper yourself at a day spa or test your golf game at several well-known courses, including the Palm Springs Country Club. Palm Springs is also perfectly located for exploring nearby Joshua Tree National Park.
Map of Palm Springs
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Palm Springs
- San Diego 137 kilometers away
- Los Angeles 161 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 285 kilometers away
- Santa Barbara 301 kilometers away
- Death Valley National Park 303 kilometers away
- Sequoia National Park 351 kilometers away
- Kings Canyon National Park 395 kilometers away
- Pismo Beach 406 kilometers away
- Phoenix 415 kilometers away
- Sedona 453 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 473 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 481 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Palm Springs
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Palm Springs. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.