Visit Chatham, New England
Chatham is a delightful, friendly, whitewashed old town located on the "elbow" of Cape Cod, tucked away in a sheltered harbour between Nantucket Sound and the Atlantic Ocean.
It is well known for its superb shellfish - clams, oysters and mussels are harvested here in abundance. There are some interesting art galleries and boutique shops in the heart of the town and the Old Atwood House Museum delves into the area's history.
Nearby lies the long strand of Chatham Light Beach whilst, just offshore, South Monomoy Island is a delightful bird sanctuary.
Suggested itineraries featuring Chatham
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Chatham, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Chatham
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Chatham
- Cape Cod 23 kilometers away
- Hyannis 28 kilometers away
- Provincetown 45 kilometers away
- Nantucket 47 kilometers away
- Falmouth 57 kilometers away
- Martha's Vineyard 67 kilometers away
- Newport, Rhode Island 115 kilometers away
- Boston 118 kilometers away
- Sturbridge 182 kilometers away
- Kennebunkport 191 kilometers away
- Bennington 219 kilometers away
- New Hampshire 230 kilometers away
- Maine 274 kilometers away
- North Conway 281 kilometers away
- Lenox 285 kilometers away
- Stockbridge 286 kilometers away
- Camden 290 kilometers away
- Lincoln/North Woodstock 297 kilometers away
- Woodstock 301 kilometers away
- Manchester 304 kilometers away
- Bretton Woods 311 kilometers away
- Sugar Hill 319 kilometers away
- Albany 331 kilometers away
- Bar Harbor 333 kilometers away
- Vermont 335 kilometers away
- Saratoga Springs 351 kilometers away
- New York 354 kilometers away
- Lake George 364 kilometers away
- Burlington 408 kilometers away
- Lake Placid 437 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 479 kilometers away
Photos of Chatham
Accommodation choices for Chatham
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Chatham. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Period charm and elegance, personal service and a strong connection to the maritime history of the Cape Cod Peninsula are all on offer at this delightful inn. Its small size and convivial hosts make it feel like a home from home.
Overlooking Aunt Lydia’s Cove, Chatham Bars Inn Resort & Spa is one of Cape Cod’s best resorts. Travellers have stayed at the resort for over a century, and it’s easy to see why with its private beach, sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and close proximity to the shops and restaurants of Chatham.
Overlooking Pleasant Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, Wequasset Resort lays claim to being Cape Cod's premier resort.